PhD in Malay Studies
In this course, it is more than just an academic distinction. The programmes are designed to ensure the fields of your study remain relevant to the needs of today. At the same time, the candidates in pursuit of their study foresee the changes of societal & industry standards, trends and behavioural patterns; the very same qualities that make them brilliant and effective leaders. This course also provides opportunities to individuals who are interested in pursuing their studies and careers in the field of Malay Studies. The programme aims to develop students’ potentials in the aspects of Malay literature, culture, and language. Students will also be exposed to both, theoretical and practical of Malay Studies. They will learn about values in the Malay culture, customs, religion, life style, politics, economy system and social activities up to the modernization process of the Malays today.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 2-6 Years|
|Price||: RM 12,500|
|Intake||: February, September|
|Master’s Degree||: Master’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field|
|Bachelor’s degree||: Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.00 and above or its equivalent.|
|International Students||:IELTS – Band 6; OR
TOEFL – 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), 80 (IBT); OR
Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya.
Why Choose UM?
- The ﬁrst public university established in Malaysia with a long history since 1905.
- Ranked 1st in Malaysia, 26th in Asia and 205 globally by Best Global Universities.
- Top 10 Best university in Asia and top 60 in the World by QS World University Ranking.
- More than 600 international collaborative partners across the globe.
- The campus covers over 922 acres with ample student amenities within convenient reach.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 2-6 Years
- Intake : February, September
- Duration: 6 Years
- Intake : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Specification: PhD in Malay Studies