Doctor of Philosophy (Professional Communication)
This research programme is aimed for future researchers who are extremely excited to explore and discover new concepts, explanations, and ideas in the communication field. This programme caters to the students who possess a strong theoretical background and wish to undertake independent research with the guidance of one or more faculty members.
The research curriculum of the PhD programme consists of an in-depth investigation into specific research issues related to professional communication, with the aim of adding to existing knowledge, as well as contributing new and groundbreaking knowledge to the field. We inspire students to exhibit an awareness of issues and developments in their chosen field, and increase students’ competence in providing novel solutions to issues encountered in career development and growth.
Intake & Other Details
|: 3 Years
|: Single Award: RM 42,000
|: February, September
|: Master’s degree as accepted by the Senate
|: Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree as accepted by the Senate
|Bachelor’s degree from academic or TVET programme
|: First class or CGPA 3.67 out of 4.00 or equivalent; AND rigorous internal assessment by the University; AND accepted by the Senate into the Doctoral candidacy programme. Student must show suitable progress during candidature period. Student will not be awarded a Master’s degree as an exit award
|: Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree qualification, registered for a Master’s degree programme may apply to convert candidacy to a Doctoral degree programme within 1 year after the candidate registers for a Master’s degree programme, subject to the following:a. having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral degree level;
b. rigorous internal assessment by the University; and
c. approval by the Senate
Why Choose IUMW?
- Dual Certification programmes in collaboration with University of Wales Trinity Saint David, UK.
- Founded on collaborative efforts of 2 prestigious universities, University of Malaya and University of Wales.
- Rich with culture diversity with students from over 100 countries worldwide.
- Located prominently in the heart of KL, accessible to all of the capital’s amenities.
- Wide university collaborations across the globe stretching from east to west.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 3 Years
- Intake : February, July, September
- Duration: 3 Years
- Intake : February, September
Specification: Doctor of Philosophy (Professional Communication)