Master of Shariah
In this course, you will be draw upon the main themes and topics in the study of Shari‘ah from a bird’s eye view, making use of both traditional and modern perspectives while including western scholarship. Important topics covered and offered in this program include history and origins, sources and literature, methodologies and scope, institutions and popular movements, impact of society and politics, as well as modern development. At the end of the course, you are expected to explain and apply the knowledge and skills acquired in studies of the Shari‘ah at the advanced stage.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 4 Years|
|Price||: RM 6,600|
|MUET||: Band 2|
|International Students||:IELTS – Band 6; OR
TOEFL – 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), 80 (IBT); OR
Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya
Why Choose UM?
- The ﬁrst public university established in Malaysia with a long history since 1905.
- Ranked 1st in Malaysia, 26th in Asia and 205 globally by Best Global Universities.
- Top 10 Best university in Asia and top 60 in the World by QS World University Ranking.
- More than 600 international collaborative partners across the globe.
- The campus covers over 922 acres with ample student amenities within convenient reach.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 2-6 Years
- Intake : February, September
- Duration: 6 Years
- Intake : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Specification: Master of Shariah