Master of Arts (Southeast Asian Studies)
In this course, you will be exposed to a variety of scholarly perspectives that will give them a deeper understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural history of Southeast Asia which in a sense define the region. Further, country-specific courses will provide students greater exposure to the national issues and challenges faced by the members of ASEAN. You will be equipped with a wide knowledge of the region, develop highly analytical skills and be able to engage in global conversations about key issues affecting the Southeast Asian region.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 3 Years|
|Price||: RM 18,600|
|Intake||: February, September|
|Bachelor’s degree||:• a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; OR
• a professional qualification from a recognised professional body.
|Others||: any other qualification as may be approved by the Senate from time to time.|
|MUET||: Band 2|
|International Students||:IELTS – Band 6; OR
TOEFL – 500 (PBT), 213 (CBT), 80 (IBT); OR
Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya.
Why Choose UM?
- The ﬁrst public university established in Malaysia with a long history since 1905.
- Ranked 1st in Malaysia, 26th in Asia and 205 globally by Best Global Universities.
- Top 10 Best university in Asia and top 60 in the World by QS World University Ranking.
- More than 600 international collaborative partners across the globe.
- The campus covers over 922 acres with ample student amenities within convenient reach.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 2-6 Years
- Intake : February, September
- Duration: 6 Years
- Intake : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Specification: Master of Arts (Southeast Asian Studies)