Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) Majoring In Software Engineering
Software engineering involves the application of engineering ideas to the development and improvement of computer software. As the requirements of computer users are constantly changing, the software engineer needs to create reliable, high-quality systems that are efficient and easily maintained. This requires highly qualified professionals who know how to use appropriate tools, approaches, and processes that are based on fundamental engineering concepts.
The programme is designed to produce software engineers who can seamlessly make the transition from university to the demanding IT industry.
UNIRAZAK will provide students with a solid foundation in software engineering fundamentals while also combining these skills with programming languages, tools, techniques, and methodologies utilised by computer professionals. Students will not only acquire high-level programming expertise but also learn the entire process of software development from requirement analysis and design, to implementing and testing. The university will also equip students with the crucial skills they will need to stay abreast of future advances in this interesting field where they will be highly sought after.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 3 Years|
|Intake||: March, July, November|
|STPM||: A pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any 2 subjects and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.*Note: Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.|
|Diploma/ Advanced Diploma||: A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; ORAny other Diploma in Science and technology or business studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.|
|Matriculation/Foundation||: A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.*Note: Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.|
Why Choose UNIRAZAK?
- Established in early 1991 and is one of the first private universities in Malaysia to receive SIRIM certification ISO 9001:2000.
- Achieved 4-star rating for MYRA – Malaysian Research Assessment Instrument.
- Was awarded ‘Entrepreneurial Private University of the Year’ by the Ministry of Education.
- Awarded 5-star rating under the Emerging University category by the Ministry of Higher Education for SETARA.
- Honored for Outstanding Contribution to Education by Asian B-School Awards.
- Convenient campus location set against the hustle and bustle in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city itself.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 3 Years
- Intake : March, July, November
- Duration: 1 Year, 2 Years
- Intake : March, July, November
Specification: Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) Majoring In Software Engineering