BSc (Hons) Medical Biotechnology
This exciting course is designed to enable you to develop a diverse range of skills in the study of Medical Biotechnology through a progressive, educational and beneficial programme touching on the importance of advanced training on research skills. This gives you the opportunity to expose yourself and to gain insight on the advances of biotechnological and bioinformatics methods, offering potential breakthroughs in new medical therapy designs. At the same time, your research skills, academic and clinical laboratory abilities will be greatly developed. This course encourages you to make creative new original contributions into the advancement and development of medical biotechnology through appropriate practices.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 3 Years|
|Price||: RM 91,000|
|Intake||: January, March, August|
|STPM||: Average B- or CGPA 2.67 (minimum 2 Principals)|
|A-Level||: BC / CDD (minimum 14 points)|
|Australian Matriculation||: ATAR 65|
|Canadian Matriculation||: 70%|
|MUFY||: 240 (60%)|
|UEC||: Maximum 24 points from 5 subjects (all Grade Bs excluding Chinese and non-academic subjects)|
|IB||: Completed with minimum 26 points (excluding bonus points)|
|Other Qualifications||: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis|
|Specific Requirement||: Pre-University – Pass 2 Science subjects (Biology, Chemistry or Physics)|
|TOEFL||: 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based)|
|PTE Academic||: 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)|
|MUET||: Band 5|
|SPM English||: A2 or A-|
|UEC English||: B3|
|Sunway Intensive English Programme||: Pass Level 4 with minimum 65%|
|ESL / English||: Satisfactory level in English in Pre-University programmes, where the medium of instruction is English|
|Pre-University||: Pass 2 Science Subjects OR have experience/ strong interest in Biological Sciences|
Why Choose Sunway?
- Ranked among the top 1.5% of institutions in Asia by the QS Asia University Rankings.
- Ranked within the top 2% of universities in the world QS World University Rankings.
- Received 5-Star rating by SETARA for Malaysian Higher Education Institution.
- Sealed partnerships with the world’s best institutions such as Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge.
- Situated in the heart of Sunway City, accessible to all city amenities within walking distance.
- 1st for laboratories, physical library, technology and campus buildings by Student Barometer Survey.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 2 Years, 3 Years
- Intake : January, March, June, September
- Duration: 2 Years
- Intake : January, March, June, August
Specification: BSc (Hons) Medical Biotechnology