Bachelor of Music
This course intends to provide you with the musical knowledge and understanding at a broad level. You will learn of performance and performance-related studies in the industry. Your studies will also cover key areas of Arranging, Technology, Performance, Recording and Music Business. You will be equipped with the skills of contemporary music theory, ear training and composition.
Intake & Other Details
|Duration||: 3 Years|
|Price||: RM 5,400|
|Intake||: February, September|
|STPM / Matriculation / Foundation||: Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.50
: Candidates must have 1 of the following qualifications:
: For candidates who do not have the approval of the above, they need to prove their skills / experience of working in the music industry for 3 years
|Diploma||: Has 1 Diploma in music with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 from the following institutions:
● Diploma in Music from Malaysian Institute of Art
● Diploma (Music) from Akademi Seni Budaya dan Warisan Kebangsaan Malaysia (ASWARA) formerly (National Arts Academy)
● Diploma in Music from Yamaha Academy of Arts & Music, Malaysia
● Diploma in music from UiTM
● Diploma Associate (ATCL) from Trinity College London (TCL) in practical
● Diploma from The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) in practical: Having Diploma from UM which is recognised by the Unversity Senate with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 in the following area:
● Pengurusan Sumber Manusia
● Pengurusan Perniagaan: Candidates must have 1 of the following qualifications:
● Yamaha Certificate Grade 7
● Grade 5 Certificate in theory and practical from The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) or Trinity College London (TCL)
● Grade C in the subject of Music at SPM level
● Certificate in Music approved by Senate as equivalent: For candidates who do not have the approval of the above, they need to prove their skills / experience of working in the music industry for 3 years
: Having 3 years of working experiences in the field of music as a teacher / lecturer in music and have a minimum of Grade 8 Certificate of Authority:
: Have at least 1 of the following qualifications:
|A-Level / IB||: Having GCE A-Level qualification with a minimum of Grade A in any 2 of the following subjects:
● Music Technology
● Performance studies
● Performing Arts
|MUET||: Band 2|
Why Choose UM?
- The ﬁrst public university established in Malaysia with a long history since 1905.
- Ranked 1st in Malaysia, 26th in Asia and 205 globally by Best Global Universities.
- Top 10 Best university in Asia and top 60 in the World by QS World University Ranking.
- More than 600 international collaborative partners across the globe.
- The campus covers over 922 acres with ample student amenities within convenient reach.
Other Recommended Courses
- Duration: 2-6 Years
- Intake : February, September
- Duration: 6 Years
- Intake : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Specification: Bachelor of Music